Ankle and foot pain can be a common and debilitating condition that affects people of all ages and activity levels. At Summit Integrated Health in Las Vegas, our team of multidisciplinary medical professionals is committed to diagnosing and treating ankle and foot pain with a personalized and comprehensive approach to help our patients get back to their daily lives as quickly and safely as possible.
Plantar fasciitis is a common condition that causes pain in the heel and underside of the foot. It occurs when the plantar fascia, a thick band of tissue that connects the heel to the toes, becomes inflamed or strained. Plantar fasciitis is often associated with overuse or repetitive stress on the feet, such as running, jumping, or standing for extended periods. Treatment may include rest, stretching exercises, ice, orthotics, or physical therapy.
Diagnosing Plantar Fasciitis & Other Conditions
At Summit Integrated Health, our medical professionals perform a thorough examination to diagnose the underlying cause of your ankle and foot pain. This includes a physical evaluation to check for tenderness, swelling, stiffness, or tightness in your arch, ankle, and calf. They will also assess your gait and look for signs of flat feet or high arches, and they may recommend diagnostic imaging tests, such as digital X-rays, ultrasounds, or MRIs. Our team is dedicated to finding the most effective treatment options for our patients.
- Sprains or strains, which can occur when the ankle or foot is twisted or overstretched
- Fractures or breaks in the bones of the ankle or foot
- Arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout
- Tendinitis or inflammation of the tendons in the ankle or foot
- Plantar fasciitis, which affects the sole of the foot and causes pain in the heel
- Neuropathy, which can cause numbness, tingling, or burning sensations
- Bunions, which are bony bumps at the base of the big toe
- Flat feet or fallen arches, which can lead to strain and pain in the feet and ankles
- Morton’s neuroma, a condition that affects the nerves in the toes
- Overuse injuries caused by repetitive or high-impact activities like running or jumping
Schedule Your Consultation
At Summit Integrated Health, our team of experienced medical professionals is dedicated to helping you find relief and regain mobility. We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment options tailored to your specific needs. Please contact us and schedule a consultation at our medical center in Las Vegas. We look forward to working with you to find the best possible solution for your ankle and foot pain.